I want to know about...
1. What subjects do I need to study in high school for medical/dental entry?
2. How do I choose the right medical/dental school for me?
3. If a medical school has a rural focus, do I need to practise rurally after graduating (and can I still graduate with other specialties)?
4. Which medical programs can you join straight out of high school?
5. What is a graduate pathway?
6. What other pathways for entry are available (besides high school and graduate entry)?
7. Is it easier to get into medicine at the postgraduate level?
8. How many places are available in medicine programs for Year 12 vs graduate applicants?
9. Why do some high-scoring students not make the cut? (e.g. 99.95 ATAR)
10. Which course requires the lowest ATAR?
11. Which universities require you to write out a separate application?
12. When should I start working on my ‘written application’?
13. When are the separate ‘written applications’ due?
14. Can you submit your CV and reference letters when applying?
15. What’s the difference between direct entry and provisional entry?
16. As a NZ student, when and how do I apply to Australian medical/dental schools?
17. As a NZ student, how do my school marks convert into an ATAR?
18. As a NZ student, why do some students choose to go to Australian medical schools?
19. How do universities select candidates for interviews?
20. How do universities select candidates for course offers?
21. What’s the complete timeline like for medicine/dentistry admissions?
22. How important are JCU and UNSW’s separate written applications?
23. How do you write a good medicine/dentistry application?
24. Which universities require you to apply directly to the uni?